August 3, 2014
Today will be a travel day. We leave Victoria Falls, change planes in Johannesburg, and end up in Cape Town tonight.
I loved YOUR answers to Quiz #2 — and you definitely get points for creativity!
Here are MY answers.
1. Yes, deer have antlers and antelopes have horns. The horns are actually part of the animal’s skull. Antlers are shed every year.
We didn’t see any deer during our safari. Guess I’ll just have to wait till I get home and look on my back yard for one of them!
2. That is a termite mound! Africans use it to build their homes. Termites are edible, but our guide, Sondy chose not to demonstrate. He just dug into the mound with that stick and pulled a couple out for show and tell.
3. The two names are Wildebeest or Gnu hanging out with his buddies, the impalas.
4. Can you see the eagle peeking out of his nest?
5. The impala was dragged up the tree by a leopard who wanted to keep his dinner safe from other predators.
6. There are two correct answers for this one: lower jaw of a hippo, or African bush toilet.
Just flip it over, prop the back up with a stick, and you’re in business!
That’s all for today. Thanks to all who have been playing along. I hope it’s been as good for you as it was for me!