Learn more about Global Volunteers by determining whether the nine statements below are true or false. (And being the visual person that I am, I had to throw in photos for your — and my — entertainment.)
- Serve only where they are invited.
- Work under the direction of local leaders.
- Help local people do what they have already decided they want done.
- Send teams of volunteers to each community several times a year, serving on five continents and the Pacific area.
- The fee Global Volunteers pay covers food, water, lodging, local transportation, program related and administrative expenses. They also pay for their flight/transportation to the country.
Steve, Elmer, Ruth, Sue and Brenda
6. Anse La Raye, St. Lucia is the newest Global Volunteers site.
7. The St. Lucia project is one of the largest to date, in terms of the number of volunteers on site.
Front row: Norina, Bonnie, Edith, Steve, Jane, Ruth. Second row: Gabi, me, Jeanne, Sally, Martha, Brenda, Sue, Marianne, Dotty and Elmer. Last row: Jim, Kathie, Tom, Laurie, Marsha, Tom, Warren, Kathy, Jan and Ron. (Warren and Ron were the team leaders).
8. Although the volunteers work hard during the week, they are free on the weekends to explore the island .
The beach near Rodney Bay, the north part of the island.
9. Many Global Volunteers get “hooked” and serve on additional programs.
And that, my friends (sisters and cousins to be exact) is the end of the contest questions!